Hafta 22: 29.05.2017~04.06.2017

 

tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS ~ BTJ-2017/080
Journal Date: Monday, 05/06/2017

There’s a debate that bloggers are not writers - my take on this? In the day-to-day’s dictionary writers are defined as someone who can write. Bloggers is a new community of writers who have just sprung up in this internet revolution. I disagree with this statement that bloggers are not writers. Anybody who can express his or her views in written form is a writer and this makes each one of us a writer. We could be writing only poems in our little diary but we are still a writer. And there’s a consideration that bike tourers are not cyclists - my take on this? Well, one does not need to look it up in a dictionary. A bike touring adventurer is both a cyclist and a non-cyclist. How? For example, I am a cyclist because I use my feet pedalling a bike on a bike tour, and I am not a professional cyclist because I am not riding a bike for a sportive activity. Anybody who can ride a bike in his/her own world is a cyclist and this makes each one of us a heroic bicyclist. We could be riding only for expedition pleasure but we are still a cyclist. Or should I call it a ‘pedallist’?

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 29/05/2017 & Monday

No record on this date...

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 30/05/2017 & Tuesday

GEAR: “Essential Clothes for My Bike Touring”... I don’t know much about other bike tourers, but since I started this planning process I don’t feel I’ve ever quite cracked the cycle touring sartorial standing in a cleft stick. Fine, clothing selection can easily be said to be a key consideration when bicycle touring. As I searched gradually, I have seen the value of clothing and wanted to change my fixed and growth mindsets completely. Weight, environment, comfort, drying time, durability and style are all factors that I found necessary to consider when selecting the right attire. Cycling shorts, cycling shoes, a helmet, rain gear, tights, and cycling gloves would make my adventure riding more comfortable. A well-intentioned rain jacket and pants, trekking shoes of good quality looked requisite supplies, and there could be a variety of options specifically designed for cyclists such as Gore-Tex or other waterproof fabrics that breathe and protect from rain and wind...

FINANCES: “Investment Budget: Apparel & Fig [2017]”... As my wish is not to become a casual rider or a daily commuter riding around the neighbourhood or bike paths, short-distance commuting, and errands around town, but a regular bike tourer, I will need to have an investment plan designed for long distances on road comprising the right, comfortable apparel & fig gear for the journey. Hence, the following initial asset investment budget (for 2017) is intended to satisfy my every demand on the road, these innovative, design-savvy cushy clothing will make my fancily attired ride as smooth as flossy, without sacrificing style for required elegance or the other way around...

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 31/05/2017 & Wednesday

STATISTICS: “Forms That I'll Use for Travel Summary & Statistics”... Travelling around the country by a bicycle will become hassle-free when there’s a travel plan I keep close at hand. To make my life easier while on trips, I am planning to use a trip itinerary template I have made myself. This is a brilliant experience inheritance bequeathed to me from my professional life; that is to write down everything in details. Yes, I would like to make the most out of my bike travels by keeping essential trip details in one place. And I would like to share this information in the form of: 1) Travel Summary for a specified time period (monthly/annually) and 2) Travel Statistics for a specified time period (monthly/annually)...

PLANNING: “Planning My Logistics: Bicycle Maintenance”... Just like many bike tourers around the world I am not born with comprehensive bicycle mechanic skills. I’m pretty sure that is something I have to learn by doing easy bicycle maintenance myself, as there are plenty videos on internet giving convincing lectures on bicycle maintenance sharing their experience with joy. Hence the best defence against loose components is a routine inspection before every ride. This will help me catch potential problems before they develop into safety hazards. I don’t want to get stranded in the middle of Taurus Mountains, do I?..

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 01/06/2017 & Thursday

GEAR: “Essential Electronic Gear for My Bike Touring”... Outside bike and essential bike accessories the electronics is the most expensive gear investment of the bike touring. GPS device, action camera, PC, telephone, solar charger, battery packs, and all the electronics I might want to bring with me when cycle touring around the country...

FINANCES: “Investment Budget: Electronics Gear [2017]”... As my wish is not to become a casual rider or a daily commuter riding around the neighbourhood or bike paths, short-distance commuting, and errands around town, but a regular bike tourer, I will need to have an investment plan designed for long distances on road comprising the utmost effective, the maximum practical electronics gear for the journey. Hence, the following initial asset investment budget (for 2017) is intended to satisfy my every demand on the road, these innovative, design-savvy banausic electronics will make my dream-like well-equipped ride as smooth as downy, without sacrificing panache for mandatory vitality or the other way around...

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 02/06/2017 & Friday

İSTANBUL🚶: “Must Remember The Seasons, The Robins Which Will Nest on Trees Again”... Content is being translated from Turkish and will be ready for publishing soon...

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 03/06/2017 & Saturday

No record on this date...

Logbook of “tWO wHEELS tOO mANY jOURNEYS”
Date: 04/06/2017 & Sunday

MUSINGS: “Bike Maintenance While Touring”... Live or Die! On my way through the country roads, I’m gonna look down on tonight... When I die, superstar in my heart and I, two heartbreak adventurers... When it lays by my side, I see the whole world through her eyes... Ride or Die, you and I... When I’m out bike touring for a long while I may want to have the apparatuses to be able to fix all the more common failures that can happen to my bike. While some more multifaceted issues may need the help of a professional mechanic (or at least a workshop), flat tires, broken spokes, gear regulation, wheel tuning, brake fixing, and pad replacing, bolt tightening are the kinds of stuff I’m most likely to face when out touring...

***…***