Tilkinin Dönüp Dolaşacağı Yer Babaeski Dükkânıdır

 

PRELIMINARY COUNTRY TOURS BY PIRE🚲

GRAND THRACE TOUR” Day 5... After a good day’s rest at a cosy home place... back on the roads again... 

It is one of those white-knuckle days!! Very very windy day... and hellish cold... fingers frozen, toes frozen, head frozen... and a real treat when you are riding a winged bicycle! 

Well... maybe not a treat, but I had to take it that way, otherwise I wouldn’t have enjoyed myself. The wind was knocking me around on the road, it was really strong... The horizon was completely covered with clouds from Edirne, dust being blown around, and total white geese on the canal.  Watching the water swiftly shift on the brook was exactly like watching snow drifts form in a blizzard in Strandzha Mountains!! 

Yep; all the rivers and the scents of Turkish Raki fall into champion Babaeski fields... It’s true that this little town wins the title fight when it comes to alcohol consumption, particularly Rakia. 


I began my tour towards the D-100 junction for Edirne, then made a U-turn at Taşköprü intersection, viewed Akkadın (white-woman) Brook, and then rode on the highway all the way back to main Babaeski junction for İstanbul. 

*D-100 Edirne direction; on the way to Taşköprü junction. 

*Taşköprü Creek. 

*Return to Babaeski, just passed by Pehlivanköy junction. 

*Love this countryside. 

On the way I took pictures of the Çimendere (turfy) Brook. Having arrived at the Kırklareli junction I made my route towards the old railways and the station (no longer in use). 


The Flamingo Road right afterwards was fabulous as usual. I stopped for a little break here at Gündüz Onat Festival Ground (previously Agri Park). Babaeski’s first and foremost important Recreation Ground!  The park itself was a bit nude today – too windy and too cold for nakedness I suppose!  Because it wasn’t that warm... 

Babaeski, such a beautiful place for retirees.  My little bike is getting a great tour of Northerly Thrace before we hit the road for the big one!! 

*Babaeski entrance. 

*The bridge over the Çimendere Brook. 

*Gündüz Onat Festival Ground. View of the old Babaeski Bridge and Babaeski’s Büyük (grand) Brook. 

*In the park. Bridge connects the recreation ground to coach terminal. 

*Another view in the park. 

Ticks me off!! Those pictures look so calm and beautiful, not a hint of the wild weather!! It was hard to even stand up alone in that wind!! 

I’m much assured, it will look a lot different next week. I shall cycle to many villages in the neighbourhood and visit several ponds, too. Feel the excitement from now. Edirne and Kırklareli cities, though, will be the most thrilling adventures of all. 

One of the biggest cosmetic changes will be seen later after I have a new rear rack installed. This add-on rack which will be supplied by Edirne’s bike shop will give me a weight capacity I expect for a start; the frame-mounted for heavier top & side loads, will carry up to 25 kg. That seems to be a lot, and more than enough for my trip purposes. I could travel much longer distances between food and drinks!! And I might add some other accessories as well, such as better fenders, a kickstand and a mirror.

It’s hard to tell by the photos, but I’m surprised the bike stood up on its own without being blown over.  It actually did come up while I was taking a photo and thank goodness it didn’t go bad. When I heard the kickstand land back on the ground, it was a massive relief!! 


More adventure updates coming... but out of time, really need to hit the road again... Should have more time in Babaeski to do a proper catch up... See U! 

*Note: I’ve added the 9th, 10th and 11th photos from the later trips as the original ones of this Festival Ground and Büyük (grand) Brook have been vanished. 


15 KM ride around Babaeski and that’s all for today. :) 


TOUR DETAILS 

Tour Date: 13.11.2017; Monday 

COURSE: all around BABAESKİ 

Itinerary Trail: Babaeski (Home Accommodation) >> İstanbul St. >> İstanbul ~ Edirne Highway (D100) >> Kırklareli St. >> İstasyon (station) St. >> İstiklal St. >> Babaeski Stadium >> Güney (southBarracks >> Gazi Mustafa Kemal Boulevard >> İnönü St. >> Coach Station >> Cumhuriyet (republicBoulevard >> Thrace Culture Centre >> Büyük Ayazma St. >> Atatürk St. >> BABAESKİ (Home Accommodation) 

Nature of the Tour: “Grand Thrace Tour” ~ Exposed to frost in Babaeski 

Total Travel Distance: 15 km

Total Cycling Distance: 15 km

Total Vehicle Distance: 0 km 

Vehicles Used for the Trip: None 

Total Trip Time: 2½ hrs. (10:00~13:30)

Total Cycling Time: 1½ hrs. (10:00~13:30) Stopovers: 1 hr. 

Air Temperature: 4°C (Deathly cold) 

Average Speed: 8.00 km

Maximum Speed: 12.00 km 

Details of Tour Costs 

Transport: 0,00 TL

Accommodation: 0,00 TL

Food & Bevereges: 36,25 TL

Other: 0,00 TL

Total Costs: 36,25 TL 

Yours in Bike Adventure,

Two Wheels Too Many Journeys 

***…***